7 Link Building Tips For Newborn Blogs
Since I started my main tennis website 2 years ago I have met and made many tennis friends among the internet community.
If I decide to start a new tennis website, I can just send a few emails and I’ll soon receive good quality links.
Not so with the Freedom Ideas blog. It’s my first internet marketing related blog and I basically have to start from scratch.
The Freedom Ideas blog is only 2 months old I am still very active in getting quality links to it.
Here are some of the ways I am building links now when this blog is still a baby:
3. Post comments on blogs that have a top commentators plugin. Do a Google search for “top commentators” or “top commenters”, find a quality blog and post intelligent and useful comments.
4. Post comments on top money making blogs (even if nofollow) like Problogger.net where there is a chance that a blog owner might like it a link back to it like it happened here.
5. Submit articles to Ezinearticles.com. I’ve used others too in the past but realized that the link eventually has no pagerank. Some of my ezinearticles.com articles are on a PR3 page!
6. Post on high pagerank and high traffic internet marketing (with my signature) forums like:
7. Submit my articles and URL to top Social Bookmarking sites
After a few months when my blog has much more content I’ll also submit to top blog directories like:
Here is a nice list of top blog directories if you want to find more of them.
Once my blog has more content, some pagerank (if it EVER gets updated again 😉 ) and more incoming links (which anyone can check on Yahoo with a link: command) I’ll probably slow down a little bit and focus more on quality of links and not so much on quantity.
And hopefully some of the articles on this blog will be good enough and interesting enough that they will generate some natural linking too.
I’ll be happy to hear some of the link building tips you want to share in the comments below.