Amazon Affiliate Program And How To Make The Most Of It
If you’re not yet using the Amazon affiliate program, you may be losing on quite some income.
I’ve already shared my experiences with Amazon Context links before, but this program has been cancelled by Amazon and now you have to build links yourself.
My earnings with Amazon has not been comparable with how much I made with Adsense and Chitika but then I changed a few pages and focused more on Amazon affiliate links.
The results can be seen on the picture…
So what do you need to do to increase your earnings with Amazon affiliate program?
1. The affiliate links convert best if your site is product based and people are actually looking to buy something. If you have an informational site, then your conversion will be very low.
2. The conversion according to my stats is from in-content links which point to a product. The widgets like Omakase and other types of banners do not convert well.
3. If you have product based pages, sneak in one or max two affiliate links so that people get on Amazon. Most people trust Amazon and have shopped there before. They will buy tons of other stuff besides the products you promote. I get around 70% sales of products which I don’t directly promote (books, DVDs, video games, …)
4. Promote products that have lots of 4 and 5 star reviews. That way the visitor will be reassured that the product is really worth buying.
5. My best converting pages (on a couple of sites) are those with »best« in the keyword. (best vacuum cleaner, etc.) People who type in Google »best vacuum cleaner« want to know which one is best and buy it. They are not looking to research for hours themselves but they want an expert opinion and move on.
So I’ve recommend top vacuums based on Amazon reviews and made a very comprehensive page where I recommend top 5 vacuums. That page converts really well.
The earnings from Amazon affiliate program have almost caught up with Chitika and Adsense last month and I keep adding one or two links to most new reviews I post.
See if you can implement Amazon links into your site and get those extra dollars squeezed out of your site’s potential…