How I Get Over 200 Daily Visitors With Only 9 Published Articles
If you’ve ever started a website from scratch, then you know that it takes a loooong time before you start getting some free search engine traffic.
It usually takes me around 5 to 6 months before I get 200 daily visitors. I need to add at least 50 pages of content – probably around 70 to 100 – and I need to get quality links to my site.
But look at these stats:
As you can see, that traffic is rising very fast; at the start of May the site just started receiving a few visitors and a few weeks later it was already getting over 200 daily visitors.
And that’s not all; I’ve only published 9 articles by that time on that site!
What’s the secret?
Buying a high pagerank domain or a website which already has many quality incoming links!
I knew for quite some time that there is a huge market of domain names which are being sold and bought all the time but I never knew how to make the best of this system.
I then watched Chad Kimball’s video on buying dying domains and realized that it’s not such a big deal. I didn’t exactly follow his system but instead, I checked the DigitalPoint forums where there are domains and websites sold all the time. (you can even sign up for the RSS feed for Domains subtopic…)
I first bought a PR3 domain for small money to get me started. I then learned how to transfer a domain from someone else to me – I had to open a godaddy account and start a new hosting account.
I then learned how to host that domain on godaddy, installed wordpress on it (automatic one click install with godaddy’s tools) and started a blog! I used some old, not very well written articles on that blog and it started getting some traffic and the pagerank remained.
It’s possible if you buy a dropped domain or a domain that hasn’t had content for some time that Google will remove the pagerank once it figures out that the domain is now a new website…
I then became braver 😉 and spent some time looking for a PR4 or PR5 domain. There are many offers, but you need to check whether that website has had some pages indexed in the past with archive.org and if there are really quality links coming to it. Check Chad’s video I mentioned above…
Here’s what I did next:
1. I found a domain that had PR5 incoming links from Yahoo directory and some other sites which seemed quite good. I could see from Yahoo and incoming links what this site used to be about. Yahoo had a description and incoming links had some anchor text.
2. I then checked whether these keywords (based on which the site was created before) had good PPC in Adsense and also whether they had good demand in WT. The exact keywords didn’t have good PPC, but tightly related had. (Adwords suggests synonyms…)
3. I then did the basic keyword research, decided on a niche with good demand and not too much competition and requested articles from my writers.
4. Then I installed wordpress on that domain and started adding articles. Since the articles were optimized for certain keywords, the site had PR5 and the incoming links were tightly related to my theme, it started to rank immediately for these keywords!
5. I’ve now created an author account on wordpress so that my writer can publish the articles herself! I now only check the site here and there, do some minor corrections with tags or categories and all the rest is done. The pagerank is already there, the articles are written AND published for me so all I do is watch the traffic and earnings. 😉 The earnings are not spectacular, but I am testing some Chitika and Adsense and other stuff to see what works best here.
I’ve recently started another SBI site from scratch but I think it will be my last one. Getting a PR5 domain where all you need is to publish articles is really worth the money and time which would have to be spent on getting those darn links.
Not only that, I now own 2 PR5 and one PR3 websites from which I can link to my other sites and which enable me to exchange quality links with others.
If you want to take your internet marketing business to a new level, I strongly recommend you learn how to find buy domains or even websites with quality links and high pagerank which you then »refurbish« 😉 and use your SEO knowledge to transform them into passive income ATMs.
Here’s some good info too:
If you’re interested in buying an old domain or a website, get in touch with Faisal from whom I already bought 2 domains. His email is easysign (at) yahoo.com.